Carer’s Allowance Contact Numbers

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the companies listed.

0843 178 4186

Call the Carers Allowance contact number on 0843 178 4186 if you need assistance with claiming for Carer’s Allowance or your payments have been stopped for any reason.

Carer’s Allowance Department Telephone Numbers

Department Contact Number Opening Hours
Customer Service 0843 178 4186 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm
Eligibility 0843 178 4187 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm
Claiming Alongside Other Benefits 0843 178 4188 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm
Payments 0843 178 4189 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm
Claims 0843 178 4190 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm
Report a Change in Circumstances 0843 178 4191 Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm

Carer’s Allowance Customer Service

If you currently care for someone for at least 35 hours a week, you might be entitled to claim Carer’s Allowance. You don’t have to be related to the person you care for, nor do you need to live with them. If you care for more than one person, you’ll only be able to get money for one person. If claiming Carer’s Allowance takes your personal tax allowance over, you’ll need to pay tax on it. If you have a question that relates to Carer’s Allowance, call the customer service team on 0843 178 4186. When you call , you will hear a message welcoming you to the Carer’s Allowance Unit. The automated message will inform you that if you’re waiting for an update on the status of your claim, it may take several weeks. It also informs you that it can be quicker to apply for Carer’s Allowance or report a change online. After the message, you will hear the following menu options. If you are making a claim, press 1. If you need to inform the Carer’s Allowance Office about a death, call 2. Lastly, for any other queries relating to Carer’s Allowance press 3.

Eligibility for Carer’s Allowance

In order to be eligible for Carer’s Allowance, the person that you’re caring for must receive certain benefits, such as a Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, or Attendance Allowance. You must be over the age of 16 and spend a minimum of 35 hours a week caring for someone. You can’t be in full-time education or earn more than £116 a week. If you are unsure whether you’re eligible for Carer’s Allowance, call the contact number on 0843 178 4187.

Claiming Carer’s Allowance with Other Benefits

Claiming Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that you and the person that you’re caring for can get. When you claim, the person that you’re caring for will stop getting the severe disability premium with their payments and reduced Council Tax. Your benefits might be reduced, but they’ll usually increase or stay the same when you claim Carer’s Allowance. If you’re worried about the effect of claiming Carer’s Allowance, call the Carer’s Allowance Unit on 0843 178 4188.


As a recipient of Carer’s Allowance, you can choose when you’d like to be paid. You can choose a time frame of every 4 weeks, every 13 weeks or weekly in advance. The payment is made to your bank account. If a payment has been delayed or you didn’t receive as much as you were expecting, contact the Carer’s Allowance Office on 0843 178 4189.


Before you apply for Carer’s Allowance, you will need to have certain information to hand. This includes your National Insurance number, your bank details, information about your employment, a P45 if you have recently left work, or details of a course if you’re studying. You will also need to provide information about the person that you’re caring for, such as their date of birth and National Insurance number. You can claim for Carer’s Allowance online. You can’t apply by phone, but if you need support with making your application, call 0843 178 4190. If you need additional help with providing for children, you may be entitled to child benefit.

Changes in Circumstance

If you are currently claiming Carer’s Allowance, you must report certain changes in your circumstances. This can include getting a job, or if you stop providing care. If you only stop providing care on a temporary basis, you might still be able to claim Carer’s Allowance. For assistance with this, call 0843 178 4191.

Other Ways to Contact the Carer’s Allowance Office:

You can apply online for Carer’s Allowance by filling in an online form.

You can also apply by post using the application at the bottom of this form.

Campaigners Push To Raise State Pension To £175 Per Week

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the companies listed.

Earlier this month, campaigners presented their case for the UK State Pension to be increased to £175 per week, at the Pensioners’pensions-credit-uk Parliament in Blackpool.

The three-day event gave campaigners a chance to voice their concerns over the current quality of life for older people living in Great Britain. The proposal that the State Pension be raised to £175 per week was just one of the key issues raised by the campaign group, the National Pensioners Convention.

At the moment, the basic State Pension rests at just £113.10 per week, which the Convention says is not enough to support individuals in later life.

They claim that £175 per week is the minimum income needed to live above the poverty line.

[quote]“The UK is not an easy place to be for many older people right now.

“Despite what some people say, pensioners have not escaped the Government’s austerity programme.”[/quote]

They went on to point out that cuts to the winter fuel allowance; rationing of care services; changes to the way pensions are uprated annually and the government’s freeze on tax allowances are all beginning to “take their toll” on the retired and the elderly.

This is all happening as the cost of living rapidly rises, creating a hazardous environment for retirees to enjoy later life. The Convention summed up the UK state pension system as “one of the worst in Europe”.

In light of the current chokeholds on pensions, new research revealed that more than 70 percent of people are likely to continue working past the State Pension age in order to boost their pensions. The study was carried out by Metlife and included an analysis from former pensions adviser Ros Altmann. Altmann surmised that working one full extra year, plus two more years part-time, could boost one’s pension fund by 11 percent.

However, the study also showed that only 20 percent of workers believe they are saving enough for retirement, whilst 41 percent do not understand retirement savings following George Osbourne’s decision to scrap the need to buy an annuity.

On a better note, it was revealed that 24 percent of workers (7.3 million) plan to start saving or increase their pension contributions in light of the new changes.

Ros Altmann stated that a ‘national wealth service’ should be established in order to help savers understand the new pension system and make adequate plans for their retirement. She is also urging the government to put new rules in place that compel ‘non-advice’ services to disclose their charges upfront.

Self-Employed Helpline

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the companies listed.

0843 178 4180 

If you currently work for yourself or you have decided to take that career path, you may need to speak to someone at HMRC who can guide you through the process. To get advice, call 0843 178 4180

Self Employed Helpline Telephone Numbers

Department Contact Number Opening Times
Self Employment Head Office  

0843 178 4180


8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Self Employment Helpline 0843 178 4181 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Tax & NI 0843 178 4182 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Changes of Circumstances 0843 178 4183 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Construction Industry Scheme 0843 178 4184 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Self Employed Benefits 0843 178 4185 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Registering 0843 178 4182 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday

Self Employment Head Office – 0843 178 4180

You can contact the Self Employment Head Office on 0843 178 4180 about a number of things including registering a new business for tax and NI, reporting the closure or sale of a business, stopping your self-employment status, getting your UTR, completing a tax return, authorising an accountant to act on your behalf, claiming an NI refund, help starting a business, VAT and the construction industry scheme. You can also find the numbers to some of these specific departments and helplines below or in the table above.

Self Employment  Helpline – 0843 178 4181

self employed helpline

The self-employment helpline will be able to help you with a number of things, including any problems you’re having or help to understand what self-employment means for you, your tax and your income. The HMRC can also support you whilst you write up a business plan as well as guiding you through the process of registration, finding finance and choosing a legal structure. To access this help please call 0843 178 4181 to speak to a member of the self-employment helpline team.

Tax & NI – 0843 178 4182

If you’re self-employed and you need some help regarding tax and NI you can call  to speak to someone who will be able to offer you some advice and guidance. If you’re newly self-employed or you have just started a business you will need a UTR number, your UTR number is 10 digits long and is unique to you or your business. You will receive your UTR when you initially register for self-employment. You will need to use your UTR when you are submitting your tax returns and if you have an accountant they will definitely need it. If you have lost or did not receive your UTR please call to speak to a member of the tax team who will be able to retrieve your UTR for you. If you are self-employed, you must complete a Self Assessment tax return for any tax year during which you were self-employed. If you have some questions about your Self Assessment tax return or you need help completing it call If you’re interested in hiring an accountant to manage your tax and income you need to inform the HMRC about this as the HMRC is strict on confidentiality, which means that they need your permission before they can liaise with an accountant on your behalf. This permission must be written using form 64-8. To request this form to be delivered to you or if you need help completing the form please call 0843 178 4182. Whether you are self-employed or employed, there is a limit to how much National Insurance contributions you need to pay. You can claim the money back if you wrongly pay. To claim this money back call 0843 178 4182 to discuss your NI payments and to find out if you have overpaid your NI, if you have they will walk you through the process of claiming it back.

Changes of Circumstances – 0843 178 4183

It is important to let HMRC know as soon as possible that you intend to stop trading or close your business, so they can help to get your tax and National Insurance in order. You can do this using an online form or by calling 0843 178 4183 to speak to a member of the HMRC who will be able to fill out this form with you. If you make the decision to become employed after registering as Self-Employed, you must inform HMRC of this change. To do this, you must fill out a Cease Trading Form or call 0843 178 4183. Once this is done, you will be officially unemployed and HMRC will cut your Class 2 National Insurance Contributions. You must also send off your last Self Assessment form to declare your last earnings as a Self Employed agent. You must also cancel any VAT registration that you have made, and cancel your PAYE scheme before informing HMRC that you no longer employ anyone in your business. To find out more about doing this please call 0843 178 4183.

Construction Industry Scheme – 0843 178 4184

The Construction Industry Scheme sets out rules for how payments to subcontractors for construction work must be handled by contractors within the industry. Contractors have to deduct money from subcontractor’s payments to give to HMRC, these deductions are classed as advanced payments for the subcontractor’s tax and NI. If you are a contractor you must register, you don’t have to register if you are a subcontractor but be aware that the deductions are higher if you are not registered, to register call  and a member of the CIS team will help to walk you through the registering process.

Benefits – 0843 178 4185

Anyone who is Self-Employed is entitled to a State Pension, just as any other employed individuals. Class 2 National Insurance Contributions are treated the same as employee contributions. If you apply for a State Pension, you will receive £155.65 a week. To find out more about your pension if you’re unemployed call If you’re Self-Employed you are not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay. However, you can claim Employment and Support Allowance. This benefit helps if you’re ill or disabled and effects your ability to work. You can apply for this benefit if you’re below the State Pension age of 65, not getting SSP or MA, and are not receiving Jobseekers Allowance. With ESA you can receive up to £109.30 a week, depending on how you are processed by HMRC and what bracket you are put into. To find this out and apply for ESA, call 0843 178 4185 for more information. To find out if registering for self-employment effects your current benefits please call 0843 178 4185 to speak to someone about the benefits you receive now.

Registering – 0843 178 4182

You can register a new business online through the HMRC website or by calling 0843 178 4182. This allows you to register for the following taxes: Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE for employers and VAT. You can also register for Self-Employed if you have had a newborn. The process is no different to those without children. However, if you do have children and are registered as Self-Employed, you may qualify for Maternity Allowance. There are many pros and cons to becoming Self Employed. You can be your own boss, have a claim on your own success and profits, you can claim tax relief on transport throughout the UK, and have the greater freedom of working from home. However, there are also some cons. You have to make your own contributions to your pension fund, you cannot receive Statutory Sick Pay if you are unwell, you won’t be paid if you take a holiday, and you will be responsible for any losses to your company. If you’re considering registering as Self-Employed, call 0843 178 4182 to speak with a qualified advisor about making the decision to become self-employed.

Self-Employed Head Office Address

Department Address
Self-employed HM Revenue & Customs
Self Assessment
United Kingdom

Tax Return Contact Number

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the companies listed.

0844 248 2559

Most employees are not required to file a tax return because they are part of the PAYE system and so it is done for them. However, if you are self-employed, you will need to register your tax return yearly with HMRC. This is done by registering a self-assessment tax return. If you would like more information on how to do this then the best thing to do is call the Tax Return head office on 0844 248 2559 or if you have a specific query, any of the numbers displayed below.

Send a Return

Once you have registered yourself as self-employed with HMRC, you can go ahead and file a tax return. You can use an online service, but for anyone that would feel better talking to an expert, you can call 0843 596 4143. Upon calling the returns number, you will be put straight through to a call handler who can tell you all about the tax return process. They will ask if you’re self-employed or a sole trader or if you’re registering a partner or partnership. You will also be asked your preference when it comes to software or paper forms and which way you would like to send your returns – there are benefits to each method so allow the call handler to explain it to you.

Return Deadlines

It is essential that HMRC receives your tax returns plus any outstanding money you owe by the deadline – if not you will be liable for penalty charges. The deadline differs depending on whether you issue paper or online returns and by calling 0843 596 4144 you can find out when your deadline is so you are not at risk of late charges. You can also call this number if you have been asked to pay a late penalty but would like to appeal against it. Appeals will work if you are deemed to have a good enough reason, you can discuss this further with the call handler.


There are different penalties and fines depending on how late your tax return is. If you find that you have been late to make your tax return and you would like some help and advice, then you can call 0843 596 4145 where an advisor will help you out with the next steps to take and how to pay your late fee. If you are up to three months late with your tax return you will be charged £100 – the amount will go up after this.


When you call 0843 596 4146 you will be put straight through to the tax return complaints department where you will be asked to give specific details of your complaint. Hopefully, your complaint will be resolved there and then over the phone between you and the call handler, but if it is a complex issue it might have to be escalated to a specific department. If this is the case, the call handler will explain when you can expect to receive a callback and the steps that they are taking to resolve your complaint.

Getting Self-Assessment Help

There are different options when it comes to getting help with your self-assessment and you don’t have to fill it out alone if you are confused. When you call 0843 596 4147 you will be given the options of help that you can use such as appointing an accountant to fill out your form for you or watch a video or join a webinar for advice on how to fill it out properly. General Enquiries can be discussed on this number and it would be worth having your forms to hand whilst you are on the phone so that you can be talked through it step by step.

Tax Return Telephone Numbers

Department Contact Number
Customer Services 0844 248 2559
Send a Return 0843 596 4143
Return Deadlines 0843 596 4144
Penalties 0843 596 4145
Complaints 0843 596 4146

Budgeting Loan Phone Number

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the companies listed.

0844 248 2557

Are you looking for the budgeting loan contact number? If you are struggling to pay for essential items such as your rent or furniture, you could get assistance from the Government to help overcome your difficulties. This is known as a Budgeting Loan.

budgeting loan phone number

What is a Budgeting Loan and how can it be used?

You could get a Budgeting Loan to help pay for things that are essential to you and your family’s livelihood, such as your rent, clothes, furniture and debts from hire purchases. The smallest amount that you can borrow as a loan is £100, the maximum amount is £1500. Unlike payday loans, Budgeting Loans are interest-free, so you only have to pay back the exact amount that you borrow. Generally, the loan has to be paid back within 104 weeks of you receiving it. If you have been a recipient of income-related benefits for 26 weeks, you can apply for the loan. This will not affect your other benefits.

Factors that will affect the amount you receive

How much you receive as your budgeting loan depends on your individual circumstances. Factors that can affect this can include:

• Your marital status.
• Whether you have children and the amount that you have.
• Your ability to pay the loan back.
• The amount of savings you have.
• Whether you already owe money to the Social Fund.

Loans are usually paid into your bank account.

To find out about more factors that may affect your claim, or for an individual case analysis, call the Budgeting Loan telephone number.


In order to qualify for a Budgeting Loan, you or your partner must have been receiving one or more of the following benefits for at least 26 weeks: Income Support, Pension Credit, income-based Job Seekers Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance.

If you receive Universal Credit, time spent claiming one of the above benefits immediately before moving to Universal Credit will count towards the 26 weeks that is necessary to receive the loan.

If you have savings of over £1000, or £2000 if you or your partner is over state pension age, you will not be eligible for a full Budgeting Loan.

If you currently owe £1,500 or more to the Social Fund already, you will not be able to claim for a Budgeting Loan.

What can a Budgeting Loan pay for?

A Budgeting Loan can help you to pay for:

  • Rent
  • Clothing or footwear.
  • Furniture or household equipment.
  • Removal expenses when moving home.
  • Things to help you look for or start work.
  • Travelling expenses.
  • Improving/maintaining/securing your home.
  • Funeral or maternity expenses.
  • Repaying hire purchase debts or debts you have taken out to pay for any of the above.

How do I claim a Budgeting Loan?

To apply for a Budgeting Loan, you need to print off and fill in claim form SF500 and send or take it to your local Job Centre Plus. You can also get the form from here if you do not have access to the website or a printer. If you have any questions about your claim, you should speak to an advisor in your local centre, or call the number on this page.

What happens if I am unhappy with the decision made?

If you are unhappy with a decision that was made about your Budgeting Loan, you can ask for it to be reviewed. To do this, you must write to the local Job Centre Plus within 28 days of you receiving the decision, explaining why you believe that it was wrong. If you still think that it is wrong after the review, you can ask for a further review conducted by the office of the Independent Case Examiner, which should take no longer than 21 working days.