Job Seekers Allowance Contact Number

0800 055 6688

If you need to contact somebody about Job Seekers Allowance you can call 0800 055 6688 to speak to a member of staff who will be able to answer any questions you have about redeeming Job Seeker’s Allowance or to find out if you qualify for Job Seeker’s Allowance.

Job Seeker’s Allowance Contact Numbers:

Department Opening Hours
Helpline 08:00am – 18:00pm
Applications 08:00am – 18:00pm
Complaints 08:00am – 18:00pm

Job Seeker’s Allowance

Job seeker’s allowance is a type of benefit that helps those looking for work until they can secure a full-time job. To claim for job seeker’s allowance you have to provide evidence of your job search by regularly attending the job centre to speak to an advisor about possible job availabilities. To find out more about the job seeker’s allowance call to speak to a member of the customer service team at HMRC.

Claiming Job Seeker’s Allowance

To claim for job seeker’s allowance you must be over the age of 18 (although there are some exceptions made for 16-17 year olds, please call to discuss these exceptions) and below the age of state pension. You must also be a UK resident that is able to work as well as actively searching for a job, this means you cannot claim job seeker’s allowance whilst in full-time education. If you are working less than 24 hours a week and have less than £16,000 in savings you can also claim for job seeker’s allowance. For the first 6 months, you will be on contribution-based JSA and if by the end of the first six months you have paid enough national insurance you may be entitled to income-based job seeker’s allowance. The former provides £57.35 per week for 16 – 24-year-olds and £72.40 for over 25’s. The latter provides the same amount for single parents, however, couples over 18 will receive a joint weekly amount of £113.70. If you have some questions about claiming for job seeker’s allowance or if you are unsure if you qualify for job seeker’s allowance please call to speak to a member of staff who will be able to answer all of your questions and help you with the claiming process.

Complaining about Job Seeker’s Allowance

If you have experienced a problem with claiming your job seeker’s allowance, you have had a negative experience with a member of staff or you are not being paid your job seeker’s allowance in full or at all please call to speak to a member of the complaints team who will be able to investigate these problems and report any feedback you have if you have been treated wrongly whilst seeking help from customer services. If you’re complaining about being paid your job seeker’s allowance a member of the complaints team will act accordingly depending on your claims and problem, you may be referred to someone in HMRC to discuss these problems if you think there has been a problem with your payments.