HMRC Stamp Duty Contact Number

The contact number for HMRC is available directly from their website at no or lower cost.

Call Connection, Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before calling.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the company.

If you own a property in England, you have to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax. If you need to contact the HMRC Stamp Duty Contact Number, call the number above and someone will assist you further. For more numbers, see the table below.

HMRC Stamp Duty Opening Hours

Department Opening Hours
Residential Property Helpline Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm
Non-Residential Helpline Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm
Property Transfers Helpline Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm
Shared Ownership Helpline Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm
Eligibility and Exemptions  Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm
Complaints  Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm

Residential Property Helpline

When you pay Stamp Duty, it’s usually paid on the property price over £125 000. You can figure out how much tax you need to pay online using this calculator or you can call the Residential Property Helpline. If you’re buying your first home, you may be eligible for a discount. You can call this number to find out if this applies to you.

Non-Residential Helpline

If you own land, whether non-residential or mixed use, above the value of £150 000, you will need to pay Stamp Duty. Non-Residential properties include forests, shops, offices and empty land. A mixed-use property includes flat attached to shops or doctors surgeries. For more information, or for help with your Stamp Duty, call the Non-Residential Helpline.

Property Transfers Helpline

If land or property has been transferred to you, you will still need to pay Stamp Duty. For help with property transfers, call the number above and someone will be able to help you. Property transfers can occur when moving in together, after a divorce, as a gift or if you are joining a partnership.

Shared Ownership Helpline

If you enter a shared partnership, either with a housing association or development corporation, you still need to pay Stamp Duty. With this kind of Stamp Duty, you can make a one-off payment, r you can pay off your Stamp Duty in a finance option. To find out more about this, call the Shared Ownership Helpline. If you buy more shares in the property, your Stamp Duty will not increase.

Eligibility and Exemptions

You will be eligible to pay Stamp Duty if you are buying your first home. However, you may be offered a discount. You can find out more about this by calling the Eligibility and Exemptions helpline. You don’t have to pay Stamp Duty if a property was left to you in a will, or if you pay for a property that costs less than £40 000.


If you need to make a complaint about the Stamp Duty Tax, about how you have been treated, or about the way in which you have been taxed, you can call the complaints line. Someone will be able to help you further.