Your Christmas Benefit Payment Dates 2018 – 2019

Christmas Benefit Payment Dates 2018

When will I get my benefit payments over Christmas and the New Year?

This is the question worrying many people across the UK as the festive holidays get closer. With presents for families and friends, and food for the celebration dinner, the month of December can be a difficult time financially. Over the holidays between Christmas and New Year, many businesses and public services close up. This includes local councils and banks. A few extra days without cash can make money struggles even worse. This is why the DWP and HMRC take the holidays into account. They adjust benefit payment dates to make sure claimants receive the money they need when they need it. If your regular payment will be due from 24th December to 2nd January, here are the new dates when you can expect to receive your benefits over Christmas 2018 and New Year.

Universal Credit Christmas Payment Dates 2018

If you are claiming Universal Credit, you should receive your payment once a month. Universal Credit payments which are due between 24th December and 2nd January may be made early. If your Universal Credit should be paid on 24th, 25th, or 26th December, then you will receive the payment on 21st December instead. Payments due on 29th or 30th December should both arrive early on 28th December. However, if it is due on 27th, 28th, or 31st December, you will get your payment on that day as normal. Any payments due on 1st January should be received on 31st December. In Scotland only, payments due on 2nd January should arrive on 31st December as well, because of the Scottish bank holiday.

Child Benefit Christmas Payment Dates 2018

Child Benefit payments are made every four weeks, usually on a Monday or a Tuesday. This year, Christmas Day is on a Tuesday, making it a bank holiday. Boxing Day on Wednesday is also a bank holiday. If your Child Benefit is due on the 25th or 26th December, then you should get it early on Christmas Eve. New Year’s Day is also a bank holiday that falls on a Tuesday. This means that if your Child Benefit payment will be due on 1st January 2019, you will receive it a whole week earlier than normal. Your Child Benefit should arrive before Christmas on 24th December.

Tax Credits Christmas Payment Dates 2018

You should receive tax credits payments either weekly or every four weeks. This would have been decided when you made your tax credits claim. If your regular tax credits payment is due on Christmas Day, you should receive it on Christmas Eve instead. Any payments due on 26th or 27th December will also be paid to you early on 24th December. If your payment date is 28th December, you should get it the day before on 27th December. Payments due on 1st or 2nd January should arrive for New Year’s Eve (31st December). Finally, payments that should be due on 3rd January will be made on 2nd January (except for claimants in Scotland).

Christmas Bonus Payment Dates 2018

The Christmas Bonus is a one-time payment of £10. All claimants who qualify will automatically receive this payment. You must be currently receiving certain benefits in the first full week of December 2018. These benefits include pensions, disability allowances, widow pensions and allowances, and ESA after 13 weeks of claiming contribution-based ESA only. The bonus is tax-free and will not affect any of your benefits. The payment might appear on bank statements as DWP XB. Contact your Jobcentre or Pensions Office if you think that you or your partner are eligible for the Christmas Bonus payment but you haven’t received it.

Winter Fuel Payment Dates 2018

Anyone born on and before 5th November 1953 can get a Winter Fuel Payment to help them pay their heating bills. If you’re eligible then you should receive the payment automatically. Otherwise, you will need to make a claim for it. You have until 31st March to claim for a Winter Fuel Payment for 2018. You should receive the payment between November and December, or by 14th January 2019 at the latest. You must contact your local benefits or pensions office to claim if you have not claimed before as well. They will help you to find out if you qualify and for how much, depending on your circumstances. You could receive £100-£300.