Housing Benefit Phone Number

0800 055 6688

If you want to contact the Housing Benefit team at Jobcentre Plus, you can do so by calling 0800 055 6688. Here you will be able to ask any general questions about Housing Benefit, make a complaint, ask any questions about payments, check if you are eligible or apply for pensions Housing Benefit.

General Enquiries

Housing Benefits are offered in the UK on a basis meaning that anyone who is tested and found to need assistance in meeting their housing costs in rented accommodation will be offered the means to pay for it. Throughout 2013-2014 it was the single biggest cost for the taxpayer and accounted for almost 30% of the whole welfare bill. Housing Benefits can only be used to meet the terms you need for the cost of your renting, and shouldn’t be used for other bills like gas, electricity, water or food.


If you would like to make a complaint about a service that you have received from Housing Benefits then you can call and someone will be ready to listen to your complaint and register any issues that you have experienced with the Housing Benefit. If you are unhappy with a specific member of staff that you have dealt with, or you’re just displeased with the benefits that you’ve received then you can speak to a member of staff and they’ll try to help you however they can.


If you are interested in finding out more about the payment methods that the Housing Benefits team use, or you think you have been overpaid and you want to ask what your next move should be regarding this, then by calling 0800 055 6688 you will be put in contact with someone who can let you know any information you need regarding Housing Benefits payments, so you won’t experience any more issues.

Pensions Housing Benefit

If you are a claimant of Pensions Credit, you could be eligible to have your rent paid in full by Housing Benefit. There are certain stipulations to this so to see if you’re eligible you need to call the teamWhen you call this number, the Housing Benefit department will be able to assist you further.

Other ways to contact Housing Benefit

If you are looking for other ways to contact the Housing Benefit team then you can also reach them by sending a letter to this address:

Westminster Benefit Services
PO Box 82

and from here someone will read and reply to your correspondence and give you any information you might be looking for.

Social Fund and Budgeting Loans Contact Number

0800 169 0140

Call the number above to speak to someone regarding social fund and budgeting loans.

Social Fund Opening Hours

Department Opening Hours
Social Fund Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Budgeting Loans Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Crisis Loans Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Eligibility Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Payments Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Applying Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Scottish Welfare Fund Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Change in Circumstances Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Budgeting Loan Free Phone Number Monday to Friday: 8am to 7:30pm Saturday: 9am to 4pm

Social Fund

Call the number above to contact a member of the social fund team. The Social Fund was a form of a welfare benefit that could be used for one-off or occasional payments, along with other routine payments such as Jobseekers Allowance. The discretionary social fund was abolished in 2012, with it taking effect from April 2013. you can contact the social fund to inquire about its work, whether the social fund has to be repaid, what the conditions are to be eligible for the social fund or to ask what happened to the social fund. There were two categories to the Social Fund: The Discretionary Social Fund, this was intended for exceptional and irregular needs and included community car grants, budgeting loans and crisis loans. And the Regulated Social Fund, this covered maternity, funeral, winter fuel and heating expenses. Budget Loans are still available for those who have been on a qualifying benefit for at least 26 weeks.

Budgeting Loans

Call the number above to speak to a member of the budget loans team regarding budgeting loans, one-off expense payments, crisis loans, advance payments of benefits, funeral expenses payments, sure start maternity grants, cold weather payments or winter fuel payments. If you need more information about budgeting loans please call the number above to speak to a member of the budgeting loans team. If you consistently need help paying your rent, you maybe eligible for housing benefit.

Budgeting Loan Free Phone Number 0800

You can get assistance with Budgeting Loans without having to worry about the cost of making the phone call. The Budgeting Loans free contact number is available on the Government website for you to call for free.

Crisis Loans

Crisis Loans were interest-free loans offered by the government to provide emergency financial assistance. Too many claims were costing millions of pounds a week, so the government ceased to offer them. Since March 2013, you can no longer apply for a Crisis Loan. You can still get financial help from the government if you can’t afford essential appliances, heating, food, or clothes. If you are already claiming benefits, you could be eligible for a Budgeting Loan. Call the number above to find out if you can apply for a loan, or if you can get a Budget Advance on your payment.


To qualify for a Social Fund, you must be on one of the following benefits for at least 26 weeks, Income Support, Income-based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Pension Credit. You must also still be on the same benefit when your claim is being processed. You can apply at any age. To find out whether you’re eligible for budgeting loans please call the number above to speak to a member of their customer services.


Budgeting loans are interest-free, meaning you only pay back what you borrowed. you will pay back the loan automatically through your benefits, the amount you repay weekly is based on how much you get and what you can afford. It normally takes 2 years to repay the loan, if your benefits stop you will be contacted to arrange to pay back the rest of the loan. If you are having problems with the payments, the payments aren’t being taken out of your benefits or you have not been contacted after your benefits have stopped please call the number above.


You can claim for a Social Fund by filling out an SF500 form, which can be requested by calling, or printed out online. If you call call the number above you will also receive a freepost envelope in which to send your form. A social fund process can take up to 15 days, however, you can get updates on your mobile phone if you provide your phone number on the SF500 form. You can also hand in the forms at your nearest Job Centre. You can find your nearest Job Centre by searching online.

Scottish Welfare Fund

The Scottish welfare fund is a national scheme put together by those in the Scottish authorities and are designed to see people through tough and unexpected expenses. The money they lend out is called a ‘crisis grant’ and it works on a discretionary basis meaning that even if you are eligible, you may still not receive one as the final decision. If your situation means that you have been selected to receive a crisis grant, this does not have to be repaid. Crisis grants are a last resort for anyone who is 16 or over, working on a low income and another to receive appropriate financial help from anywhere else. To receive a crisis grant you do not need to be claiming any other kind of benefit but your situation may be helped if you are receiving Job Seeker’s Allowance or Universal Credit as you will then be considered to be on a low income. If you have been sanctioned from the DWP, for not turning up to your meetings, for example, you can still receive a crisis grant as the reasoning for your sanction should not be taken into consideration by authorities. You can also receive a crisis grant as a one-off payment whilst you are waiting for your benefit payments should they be delayed in any way. You are not usually eligible for more than three crisis grants in a 12 month period, and cannot receive one if you have sent an application and been rejected unless your situation has changed. If you would like to know more about the Scottish Welfare Fund or you are would like to apply you can call the number above.

Change in Circumstances

If your circumstances have changed such as you no longer receive benefits you are required to call call the number above to inform the HMRC of these changes, they will inform you of any changes that will be made or if you no longer receive benefits they will discuss how you will pay back the rest of the loan.

The Social Fund Head Office Postal Address

Head Office Postal Address
Social Fund HM Revenue and Customs
Chillingham House
Benton Park View
NE98 1ZZ
United Kingdom

Companies House: Contact Number

0303 123 4500

Calling 0303 123 4500 will put you through to a member of the Companies House Customer Services. The helpline serves as a space for those with a company to ask questions, find help with something or to resolve any issues they are having. 

About Companies House

Companies House is the official registrar of companies in the UK and operates as an executive branch of the UK Government. It falls under the greater jurisdiction of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, registering and incorporating all kinds of company and business, the details of which are public and available for anyone to research – only some specific registered unlimited companies are exempt from this public recording. All others, including small, subsidiary and inactive companies, must register and present the relevant information for public use.

The UK Companies House was established in 1844 as a way of recording all company registrations and their relevant information. Company registrations are now legally obligatory under the Companies Act 2006.

Companies House stores and provides information on over three million limited companies based in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Companies House Contact Numbers

Department Opening Hours
Customer Services Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Companies House WebCheck Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Annual Return Helpline Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Companies House Scotland Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Companies House Northern Island Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Complaints Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm

Companies House WebCheck for Companies

Using the Companies House database, you can check the availability of company names; the date when a company was founded; company addresses and the names of company directors and secretaries, among other information.You can explore the Companies House WebCheck service, which charges just £1 per document. You can also use the Companies House free mobile app, or sign up to the Companies House Direct premier subscription service, which allows you unlimited access to company information for a low monthly fee.The Companies House Monitor service also lets you keep an eye on your competitors and keep up to date with information sent to Companies House via email notifications. Once notified, you can then decide whether you wish to order the information or not. If you would like some assistance using the Companies House WebCheck, contact a member of staff who can help you further on 0303 123 4500.

Companies House Annual Return

The deadline for an annual return depends on each company’s individual details. Sign in to the Companies House WebFiling service to check your company details and your filing dates.An annual return must include all general information about your company for Companies House records. This includes the names of directors and secretaries; registered office address(es); shareholders and share capital.The Companies House WebFiling service is the cheapest way to complete your annual return, but you can also do it using a suitable Software Filing package. For help using either of these or for filing on paper, call the Companies House contact number.You can sign up for eReminders of when your annual return is due, which will be delivered to you by email.

The information you submit relating to your company’s accounts, annual returns, director or secretary appointments and shareholder information will all be available on the public register by law.The Companies Act 2006 requires certain personal information of company officers to be included as part of their appointment. This will also be available on the public register and is required by law.Bear in mind that while your company’s service address will be accessible by public record, your Usual Residential Address (URA) will be kept on a separate record and restricted from public view.All personal information is protected by the Data Protection Act; however, this excludes information that the data controller is legally obliged to make public. For help with your annual return, contact a member of the Companies House team.

Companies House in Scotland

In Scotland, any Companies House office in Edinburgh handles Scottish registration of businesses, which are subject to Scots Law instead of English Law.

Companies House in Northern Ireland

Before 1st October 2009, all companies in Northern Ireland were registered via the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment, and were subject to Northern Irish law. However, on 1st October 2009, the Northern Irish department was fully merged into Companies House, which now operates a satellite head office in Belfast. If you want to contact a member of staff from the Northern Ireland Companies House, call their helpline.

Other ways to Contact Companies House

If you would like to contact Companies House in other ways, you can do so by writing a letter to their head office address:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ
DX 33050 Cardiff

You can also contact Companies House via Facebook and Twitter.

Child Support Contact Number

0800 171 2345

Calling 0800 171 2345 will put you through to the Child Support helpline in the UK. If you know the department you need to talk to, there is a table below with other numbers for you to choose from. If this phone line is busy, you may be placed in a virtual queue until a member of staff can talk to you.

About Child Support

Child Support is a payment that is made by one parent when a separation occurs and children are involved. It is the law that child support is paid by the person who is not the child’s full- time carer. Child Support can be paid either directly or indirectly to the payee. Typically, a non-custodial parent may pay child support to a custodial parent.

More information on Child Support, Child Maintenance and using these services can be found on the government’s Child Maintenance website pages.

Child Support Contact Numbers

Department Opening Hours
Contact Number Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Child Support Calculator Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Child Support Payments Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
International Child Support Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Child Maintenance Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm

Child Support Calculator

The Child Maintenance calculator helps you to see how much child support you are eligible for because it varies from person to person and family and family depending on a number of factors. The Child Maintenance calculator is quick and easy to use and can be found on the Government website. If you are unsure of where to find it you can call the Child Support contact number and an adviser will inform you of how much you are entitled to. Your Child Maintenance allowance is calculated using a number of factors including, your income, your partner’s income and how many children you have. If you are parents that are divorced and are currently co-parenting, the Child Maintenance calculator can also help you to decide how much child maintenance one parent should pay the other and this is based on factors such as how much time the children spend with the paying parent and whether the paying parent has other children in a different relationship/circumstance that they are also required to pay for. Sometimes, the calculation of Child Support/Maintenance can be difficult when parents cannot agree, so if you are having any problems coming to an agreement, then you can call the Child Support contact number for advice with what action to take next.

Child Support Payments

There is not necessarily a set amount of child support that any parent is expected to pay when providing for their child, and if you have come to a mutual agreement within the family then you can simply decide how much one parent pays the other in child support. it is a good idea to check what you agree and compare to what the law says the official child maintenance should be. However, if you can’t agree and need it to be settled outside of the family unit then a payment can be based on how much you are earning. If you are not earning and have an income of less than £7 per week then you are not required to pay any child maintenance. Similarly, you will pay a flat rate of £5 if you earn between £7-100 a week, the same if you are claiming benefits. The rates then increase going from a reduced rate, a basic rate, and a basic plus, where the person making the payment will pay a flat rate on the lower half of their income and a percentage of the higher. For example, if you earn between £800-3000 weekly then you will pay a basic rate based on the £800 then a percentage of whatever you earn after that. If you are having difficulty understanding who should be paying what and how much when it comes to Child Support please call the contact number where it can be explained in further depth. There can be other elements that affect the amount of payment received such as how many children you and your partner have, such as a 12% deduction in your weekly income for one child, 14% for two and 16% for 3. As well as this, there is the amount of time the person making the payment spends with each child as previously mentioned, which is based on a number of nights in the year. For example, 52 – 103 nights will mean that child maintenance is reduced by 1/7 for each child. If you would like to know the full scale of this, please call the contact number.

International Child Support

If you come to a family-based agreement there is no reason why you cannot arrange for child support if one parent lives abroad in the same way you would if both were living in the same country. However, if an agreement cannot be made and you choose to take the legal route then the payments will depend on whether or not the parent paying lives abroad permanently, lives their temporarily/is working there for British organisations. If you would like help in enforcing the payment of child maintenance then you can call the contact number.

Child Maintenance

Child Maintenance can be paid directly to the receiving parent, or taken automatically from the paying parent’s earnings every month. The Child Maintenance Service (or Child Support Agency) can also set up a direct debit on the paying parent’s behalf. If you wish to come to a private arrangement with your ex-partner, Child Maintenance Options can provide help and advice on how much maintenance should be paid and how often. This advice is objective and confidential and there are no fees to pay. If you are using the Child Maintenance Service or the Child Support Agency to sort out payments, you will not need to talk to your ex-partner and payments will be sent to the receiving parent’s bank account. If you opt for the Direct Pay route (direct debit or standing order) no extra fees will be applied. However, if you use the Collect and Pay service, paying parents will have to pay a 20% fee on top of each Child Maintenance payment. Receiving parents will have a 4% fee deducted from their payment.

Other ways to contact Child Support

You can also contact Child Support here in the UK by writing a letter and addressing it to their head office address below:

PO Box 30,
Child Support Agency CSA National Helpline,
PO Box 55,
Brierley Hill,
B99 1DW

Corporation Tax: Helpline

0300 200 3410

Corporation Tax is a corporate tax enforced by the UK Government on any company operating in the UK, and the permanent establishments of non-UK-based companies which trade in the European Union have to be paid by all limited companies. If you have any questions regarding the process, you can get in touch with the relations teams and management of the Corporation Tax offices by calling the Corporation Tax Helpline on 0300 200 3410Calling this number will take you to an automated service from which you can choose a department to speak to. If you are unsure which department you need to talk to, you can use their generic helpline, which can be found in the table below. 

Corporation Tax Contact Numbers

Department Contact Number Opening Hours
Corporation Tax Helpline Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Complaints Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Rates Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Self Assessment Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm

Corporation Tax Helpline

The Corporation Tax Helpline can be used by anyone looking for help and guidance on how to system works.  The staff on the other end of the line are trained professionals and will be able to resolve your issue by providing you with the information you need, arranging to send out any forms or papers you may require, answering your questions or putting you through to the manager of the relevant department, if you need more direct help or are having a problem that you can’t fix yourself.

The corporation tax phone line is partially automated to improve the speed and efficiency with which callers can be directed to the relevant department, so you will need to navigate an automated menu on your way to speak with a human caller.


If you would like to make a complaint to the Corporation Tax Scheme regarding a service, how you’ve been treated or about another aspect of the service, you can call their complaints on 0300 200 3410 and talk to a member of the complaints team who can help you further.


For Corporation Tax, the tax year is called the financial year or fiscal year and it runs from the 1st April to the 31st March. Please note this is different from the tax year for individual taxpayers. The Chancellor sets out the Corporation Tax rates in the Budget each year. Normally, any changes are announced one financial year before they will take place.  To find out the current rate of Corporation Tax here in the UK, call them directly.

Self Assessment

This term means you are responsible for working out how much Corporation Tax your company owes by filing your tax return to HMRC. While this may seem like a daunting task, it isn’t anywhere near as bad as it seems. The first thing you’ll need to do if you’re unfamiliar with this system is to find out what it is you need to do. You can get this information by emailing the HMRC on their official email address (try their official website for the information) or, if you want a guaranteed fast response, you can call the Self Assessment Corporation Tax contact phone number.

More about Corporation Tax

Corporation Tax is a tax on the profits of limited companies and some organisations including clubs and societies. Taxable profits are defined by HMRC as including trading profits, investment profits and capital gains. If your company is based in the UK, you will have to pay Corporation Tax on all profits, wherever in the world they come from. If your company is based outside of the UK but operates in the UK from an office or branch, you will only have to pay tax on any profits arising from activities in the UK.

Prior to 1st April, 1965, Corporation Tax in its current form didn’t exist, and instead the same function was performed by the Income Tax system, making companies and individuals pay the same type of income tax, with an additional “Profits Tax” being applied to companies to account for the fact that they profit-generating entities. In 1965, on the first of April, not at all as an April Fool’s prank, the tax system was completely overhauled by the Finance Act of 1965, doing away with the old Income Tax based system and implementing Corporation Tax for the first time. This single tax allowed easier and more efficient taxation of companies and associations and used the basic rules and structures already in place in the Income Tax system to quickly establish itself. Beginning in 1997, the UK also began a programme of modernisation for its tax systems – the UK Tax Law Rewrite Project – which has been steadily working through the entire body of UK tax legislation, bringing it up to speed with current policy and attitudes. The scheme began with income tax and reached corporation tax after several years of exhaustive work. The legislation governing corporation tax has now been brought fully up to speed and stands as an example of modern British tax legislation.

Other ways to contact Corporation Tax

You can also write a letter to the Corporation Tax Head Office, found at the address below:

Corporation Tax Services
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom