Benefits Archive

How to Claim Child Benefit

Read this helpful guide if you have any confusion over claiming Child Benefit. You can call the Child Benefit Office on 0844 248 2560 if you need more support with your Child Benefit claim. What is Child Benefit? This benefit is financial support for people who care for one

What Is My Maternity Leave Entitlement?

When you are pregnant and you are about to have your baby you should be eligible for statutory maternity leave, statutory maternity pay, paid time off for antenatal care as well as possibly some extra help from the government. You can discuss any of these things with the

Rules for Claiming Carer’s Allowance

This guide will help you to understand the rules for claiming Carer’s Allowance. If you still have questions after reading, then please contact the Carer’s Allowance helpline on 0843 178 4186. What is Carer’s Allowance? Carer’s Allowance is a benefit for people who care for someone with a

Can I Buy My Council House?

You can buy your council house with the Right To Buy scheme, with discounted rates. To find out if you, your home or your landlord are eligible for the scheme by using the online checker. If you have some questions about the Right To Buy scheme you can

How to Claim Housing Benefit

What Is Housing Benefit? Housing Benefit helps people on a low income to pay their rent. It can pay for some or the whole of your rent. Your income and circumstances will affect the amount of Housing Benefit you can receive. You can’t use Housing Benefit to

How To Apply For PIP Online

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can be claimed if you have a disability or illness that affects your everyday life. You must be 16 to 64 and you will be assessed by a health professional to determine if you are eligible to claim and how much you will

Potential Universal Credit U-turn Could be Seen in the Near Future.

There is a possible u-turn in the future for the policies surrounding the universal credit benefits system, which has begun edging closer as more Tory backbenchers have started to voice their concerns with the system. Many have been left arguing against the current decision to have all

Job Seekers Allowance Contact Number

0843 178 4633 If you need to contact somebody about Job Seekers Allowance you can call 0843 178 4633 to speak to a member of staff who will be able to answer any questions you have about redeeming Job Seeker’s Allowance or to find out if you

Your rights as a parent in the UK

Whether you’re a new parent in the UK, or you’re looking to up your knowledge around your rights as a full-time parent or a parent in work, below is a guide for you. As a parent in the UK, you’re entitled to some rights and you should

New offices around the country for HMRC

HMRC is currently based in central London. The address for their current main offices can be found below: 100 Parliament Street London SW1A 2BQ Although central to London itself, the government body has been criticised for not housing more offices or hubs for large cities away from