Import Duty Calculator

When you choose to purchase goods that are sold outside of the EU, you will have to pay duty and tax to the UK Customs department, you can use the import duty calculator to find out how much you will need to pay, or phone the number

Understanding Land Registry Fees

To get a better understanding of the fees payable for Land Registry read our guide below on everything you need to know about the fee calculator, the first fees, as well as the fee scale, you can also contact them on the following number: 0844 826 0793.  The

Employer Responsibilities Guide

In the UK, employers have a responsibility to staff in relation to their health and safety, equal opportunities and equal pay. Though many responsibilities are an obligation, some are optional. Below is a guide to Employer Responsibilities here in the UK, and some information on what to do

Guide to Free Childcare

Within the UK there are many different options available to you when it comes to free childcare, with different eligibilities required. Below we provide a guide to free childcare, explaining what you’re entitled to and how you can apply for it, you can phone the number 0843 178

Brexit Guide: March 2018

Nearly 2 years on from the Brexit vote, where does Britain stands in terms of the EU divorce? Well, the truth is that nobody really knows…Both Britain and the EU have different ideas on what a post-Brexit relationship would look like. Theresa May, following the Brexit vote,

Car Tax Costs to Increase for Diesel Drivers

At the start of the current tax year in April 2017, new car tax rules came into effect. This set of tax bands for Vehicle Excise Duty only applies to new car buyers. If you bought your car before April 2017, you don’t need to worry about

Taxpayers Targeted by Text Message Scams

The tax authority HMRC is one of the most common brands fraudsters use in their “phishing” schemes. The word is a homophone of “fishing,” as people will fish for personal information using bait. Often, this bait is a fake prize (something along the lines of “enter your details

How to Meet the Deadline for Self-Assessment Tax Returns

6th April 2016 – 5th April 2017 Tax Returns Due The deadline for tax returns for the 2016-2017 tax year is looming. Millions of Brits will need to submit their forms and pay any tax they owe by midnight on 31st January. Failure to meet this deadline can result in

Could You Be Entitled to More Benefits?

The Resolution Foundation think tank reports that an estimated 300,000 British people could be entitled to benefits which they aren’t claiming. These people either don’t have jobs or have very low incomes, so they could be receiving support from the government. The Forgotten Unemployed Only 800,000 out of 1.5 million unemployed

Continued Benefits Freeze Could Push Half a Million People Into Poverty

Following just twenty minutes after last month’s Royal Wedding announcement was a much grimmer statement. Despite calls to scrap the plan, the four-year benefits freeze announced in summer 2015 will definitely continue until 2019. The benefits freeze affects child benefit, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance,